Suggested Rice Recipe (4 Persons)
Ready in 15 Minutes
900 ML Boiled Water
500 Grams Rice
125 ML Homefoods Vegetable Oil
100 Grams fresh tomato or 2 tomatoes
100 Grams Chopped Onion
35 Grams Homefoods Jollof Rice Seasoning
25 Grams Tomato Puree
Method of Preparation :
1. Mill the fresh tomato and tomato puree together to obtain paste.
2. Pour Homefoods Vegetable Oil in to saucepan and add tomato paste.
3. Cook under moderate heat whilst stirring.
4. Fry until oil appears red.
5. Add Kpakpo shito.
6. Add Jollof Rice seasoning and add boiled water immediately.
7. Wash rice with boiled water and add to gravy.
8. Bring rice to boil.
9. As rice gently cooks, add chopped onions.
* Using boiled water reduces time spent in cooking by 20 mins.
* Use chopped onion at the final stage.