- 125 grams of Homefoods Konkonte cassava flour
- 480 grams of water
- Pinch of salt (optional)
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- In a mixing bowl, add the konkonte flour and slowly stir in the water. Mix well to ensure there are no lumps. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- If desired, add a pinch of salt for seasoning, though traditional konkonte recipes do not usually include salt.
- In a saucepan or a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Gradually add the Homefoods Konkonte Cassava flour into the boiling water while stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon or whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
- Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and forms a smooth, stiff dough. The dough should have a consistency similar to soft pap.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning and ensure even cooking.
- After the Konkonte has cooked through and has a firm texture, remove it from the heat.
- Wet a flat serving plate with water to prevent sticking, then transfer the Konkonte onto the plate.
- Use a wet knife or spoon to cut the Konkonte into bite-sized pieces or serve it in larger portions, depending on your preference.
- Konkonte can be served hot with your choice of soup or stew, such as groundnut soup, or palm nut soup (preferably Homefoods Palm Cream soup).
Seat and enjoy the delicious Nature’s Harvest Collection konkonte dish made with Homefoods Konkonte flour.